Best Professional Basketball Uniforms
Basketball uniforms have changed dramatically since the days of short shorts. In the early days of professional basketball, uniforms were bland. Often times, the team name would be printed on the front but nothing else. As the National basketball Association (NBA) became more popular, their uniform designs became more intricate and eye catching.
At Game Gear, we are proud of the uniforms were design and print. Our sublimation printing method allows for a professional grade design that won’t crack or peel over time. Before you call our West Valley City, Utah office for custom team apparel, get some inspiration from our list of the best professional basketball uniforms.
Some of the early professional basketball uniforms are classics. Some were so popular that teams decided not to make any changes to them over the years. Other teams have recently begun resurrecting their classic looks. Here are our top three best professional basketball uniforms from the past:
- Portland Trail Blazers 1977-1992: While Portland’s current uniforms are similar to their classic look, there are a few differences. For example, their classic uniforms had “Blazers” written in lowercase across the front of their jerseys.
- Los Angeles Lakers 1976-2000: The Lakers’ uniforms have changed very little since 1976, but in 2000 they ditched the shaded numbers for a more modern look.
- Boston Celtics 1946-Present: Much like the Lakers’ uniforms, the Boston Celtics’ jerseys are classics. In fact, Boston has not made any major changes to their main uniforms. Although they have introduced a few alternative uniforms over the years, they have never caught on like their classics.
Everyone loves the classic uniforms but some of the modern uniforms have given them a run for their money. Some of the best professional basketball uniforms today, in our opinion, are:
- Utah Jazz 2010-Present: At the beginning of the 2010-11 NBA season, Utah resurrected the music note logo and color scheme they donned in the 70’s and 80’s. These uniforms are so popular that many fans like the modern twist to this design more than the classic.
- Golden State Warriors 2011-Present: The Warriors current uniforms pay homage to their “The City” jerseys of the 1970’s. Since 2011, the Warriors uniforms have been among the most popular in the league, of course it helped for the franchise to begin their winning ways again.
- Miami Heat 1999-Present: Miami joined the NBA in 1988 and their jerseys have remained pretty much the same. In 1999, however, the modern look you see today was designed and the Heat then entered a period of winning seasons, with championships coming in 2006, 2012 and 2013.